Strategic Account Executive
Boston - MA
If you have special skills in proactive cultivation of new business as well as targeting and growing our larger existing customer accounts, then we are looking for you!
If you have ever worked in an office then you understand the issues most have with meeting rooms – You booked a room only to walk up and find someone’s sitting in it – You go to book a room, and none are available only to walk around to find empty rooms – You need a room for eight people, the only rooms that are free seat four and the board room was booked for a one on one… The problem is easy to understand but difficult to solve. That's where AskCody comes in. We build software that coordinates people, meeting spaces, amenities, services, configuration, and things in your workplace so you can get back to doing your best work. It’s the future of the office! Pretty cool? We think so too.
The Strategic Account Executive is a hybrid role focused on both proactive cultivation of new business as well as targeting and growing our larger existing customer accounts. You will be responsible for creating demand, building qualified opportunity pipeline, up-selling, forecasting, and closing bookings. You will be working closely with our Sales Associates on targeted outbound campaigns to create new pipeline.
- New account acquisition and install base expansion, including prospecting, qualifying, negotiation, and closing.
- Develop strategic prospecting plans and work with Sales Associates & Account Executives on growing AskCodys pipeline and customer base.
- Demonstrate strong qualification skills to provide accurate forecast reports to management on opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills for in-person or web-based meetings
- Apply experience in navigating through the sales cycle to drive deals to closure, identifying key decision-makers and business drivers.
- Apply a strong understanding of key competitors and understanding of how the company’s products compare with competitors
- Proactively develop and manage several deals, while focusing on closing deals with a high likelihood of success
- Provide a consultative sales approach through an extended sales cycle to consistently meet or exceed quota
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years sales or equivalent experience in a rapidly changing dynamic environment required
- Proven record of success with developing prospecting list
- Demonstrated record of success communicating effectively in person, via telephone, and email with customers and successful track record of meeting and/or exceeding quota.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Analytical and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize while multi-tasking projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Internet
- Proficiency with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated ability to coach others, lead by example and work collaboratively with Management
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to sell.
Sales at AskCody
- We are just getting started and have a ton of work to do. This means a lot of growth and opportunity for the right individuals.
- Help us build our sales engine vs. being part of an existing one. We are looking for people to help us grow to the next step. This is a great opportunity for you to get your ideas heard and implemented.
- Consultative selling is the name of the game. We’re inbound driven but work smart outbound to specific people, at the right time, with the right message.
- We help real estate and technology leaders in the Professional Services vertical create a frictionless workplace. You’ll be selling to information technology departments, getting other admins and teams like facilities and office managers involved in the process too.
- Organized. You structure your day and stay on top of things.
- Charismatic. People enjoy talking with you, and you enjoy helping them tackle office roadblocks.
- Helpful. You're hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Curious. You're interested in different sales methodologies and picking the best elements to match your own style of selling.
- Patient. Our customers recognize our patience and empathy.
- Self-driven. You love measuring your own progress.
“ We’re making a big dent in the smart office of the future. Come be a part of it -- this will be fun!”